How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17239
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have filed bankruptcy before and have a need to do so

This answer was rated:

If you have filed bankruptcy before and have a need to do so again due to instinuating circumstances, how long do you need to wait after the fisrt banckruptcy before filing again. My previous bankruptcy was a chapter 7. My new circumstances are, 2 funerals in 6 months for my parents who owned no property and had no insurance policies (I am an only child) and two major surgeries. One for thyroid and one for major tear in my rotator cup. All these things within a period of 6 months. I'm sunk. Need advise
a chapter 7 can be refiled after eight years, however you could file a chapter 13 instead if it has been 4 years from the chapter 7 filing.
WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Question 1: Once you file a bankruptcy, are you covered for a period of time to file additional claims on that bankruptcy.


Question 2: If you are loaded down with unexptected medical expenses and can't pay them, besides sending the account info to a collection agency to try to get payment, how far can they go to get payment from you if you do not file bankruptcy. also, Can they put a lein on you home for medical.


1. you can only add creditors that were prior to the filing.

2. it is rare they would try to lien your home, usually a judgment will be issued and they can freeze your accounts.