Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

under fl.chapter 13how is income defined is social sec& other

Customer Question
under fl.chapter 13how is income...
under fl.chapter 13how is income defined?is social sec& other pension included?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
8/3/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Roger, Attorney
The "current monthly income" received by the debtor is a defined term in the Bankruptcy Code and means the average monthly income received over the six calendar months before commencement of the bankruptcy case, including regular contributions to household expenses from nondebtors and including income from the debtor's spouse if the petition is a joint petition, but not including social security income or certain payments made because the debtor is the victim of certain crimes. 11 U.S.C. § 101(10A).
Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney