Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I filed bakruptcy in florida. Can i still obtain state or

Customer Question
I filed bakruptcy in florida...
I filed bakruptcy in florida. Can i still obtain state or county electrical license to qualify my company. Somebody told me you cant,is that true?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Can you tell me whether you filed bankruptcy on a company that you qualified or whether it was a personal bankruptcy unrelated to your business
chapter 13 personal

I understand why you were advised that you would be unable to obtain an electrical contractor's license after a bankruptcy in Florida. At one time a license would not be granted if the prospective licensee had filed bankruptcy within 5 years of the application and that bankruptcy had resulted in a loss to a consumer. That is no longer the law. At this time the Licensing Board cannot consider the past or present bankruptcy of an applicant.

Here is the advisory legal opinion:
http://myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Opinions/4450C6429269A17085256585006D781A

Please let me know if you need further assistance
Ellen, Attorney
Ellen, Attorney