Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am trying to locate the bankruptcy filing of a previous employer

I am trying to locate the bankruptcy filing of a previous employer that still owes me wages so I can file a claim. Can you tell me the best way of finding this information regarding his case? I have been to the Federal website and tried to register for the PACER service but apparantly I have an existing account (not sure from where) and they will only send me the log on information via US mail which will take forever. Can you advise me on the best way to locate this information? Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Response: Contact the bankruptcy Court, the Clerk's Office, where the employer filed for bankruptcy. Ask to speak with the Docket Clerk. You would need to have the Docket or the Case Number XXXXX the Employer's Tax Identification Number and the Employer's legal name in order for the information to be located.

Click here to locate your bankruptcy Court:

http://www.uscourts.gov/court_locator/CourtMapDetails.aspx?state=AZ

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. I fully plan to accept, but I have one problem. I do not have a docket number, tax ID number, social security number, ar anything of that sort. I don't even know if he truly hs followed through with his threat to filke BK in order to get out of the EEOC claim against him (see, told you it was messy). Are Tax ID numbers public record? I am not going to go into the details, but this is an very ugly issue and I've got to file my claim but I do not have the information. Is there anything else you can suggest? Is there a public database where I can look him up by name or company? I do have his contractors liscense #. Thanks for your advice.

Sorry for the delay. I went offline for awhile.

Response: The Employer ID and legal name would be on your pay stub, usually on the left hand corner. His legal name would also be on the EEOC documents.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Well that's the problem. He never paid me during my employment so I have no checks with his EIN number. This is why I am going after him. As far as the EEOC information, it is only the information I provided of the name of the company and the owners name. Any further thoughts?

Response: That should be enough for the Bankruptcy Docket Clerk to locate him or his company assuming that he indeed filed for bankruptcy. If he filed for bankruptcy and you have an EEOC claim against him, you should have received notice of the bankruptcy filing because you are a potential creditor. So, I am not convinced that he has filed. In any event, use the link that I provided you earlier to call Bankruptcy Court Divisions in Arizona. Then use his name or the name of the company when you call the bankruptcy Court. If he filed, they should be able to find him in the system.

Here is the link to the Bankruptcy Courts in Arizona:

http://www.uscourts.gov/court_locator/CourtMapDetails.aspx?state=AZ,