How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Texas my husabnd and I got out chapt 7 bankruptcy

Resolved Question:

I live in Texas my husabnd and I got out chapt 7 bankruptcy discharged. Our car was reaffirfmed in that. We are upside down in the car. We decided to volunt. give the car back. Is there any leagal ramiffications for this.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

A reaffirmation agreement in bankruptcy is promise to pay a debt that would otherwise be discharged in a bankruptcy. You may revoke the reaffirmation within 60 days after signing in writing by sending a letter to the court with a copy to the creditor.
Ellen and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you