How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like use my credit balance on my account here to ask

Resolved Question:

I would like use my credit balance on my account here to ask a question on the means test. When taking a free means test on line and filling in the monthly payment amounts on debts, as my ex-spouse and I are filing separately, do I put in the total amount of the monthly payments or 50% as my share.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Provided you are not living with your ex-spouse, you would not include your ex-spouses share of the payments nor your ex-spouses income
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you