Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

yeah I found this same answer on the net already. What does…

Customer Question
yeah I found this same...
yeah I found this same answer on the net already. What does any of this mean . Give an example. My home is worth 350,000 I owe 500,00. what happens if i file chapter 13
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

A Chapter 13 bankruptcy immediately stops any foreclosure action. It could permit you to set up a plan to reinstate your mortgage arrearages. In other words, it could allow you to pay the arrearage over a 5 year period.

The Chapter 13 bankruptcy may also be used to strip away the 2nd mortgage if the first mortgage equals or exceeds the value of the property.