Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Can a business file for bankruptcy (complete not reorganization)

Customer Question
but sell a certain portion...
Can a business file for bankruptcy (complete not reorganization) but sell a certain portion of services with the id number attached to that service? Case in point: home care business that's got a license and a medicaid provider id to service those particular clients, however, the business itself is bankrupt and another larger company wants to buy the license and the provider id that's attach to that particular portion of the business. Can a bankrupt business do that legimately and file for bankruptcy for all the debts it has incurred?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Texas Atty, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Texas Atty
Texas Atty, Attorney
Yes, but the asset that was sold would still be subject to the bankruptcy rules if sold within the two preceding year period.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.