Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I filed for a chapter 11 reorginazation plan under Fl. bankrupcy…

Customer Question
I filed for a chapter...
I filed for a chapter 11 "reorginazation plan" under Fl. bankrupcy law for my buisness ,aLLC. The attorney and myself have a hearing scheduled " meeting of creditors" this morning at 10;00 A.M.. There is only one creditor at all concerned with the plan and he will do everything in his power to have the bankrupcy dismissed. This creditor is a private lender who loaned the LLC mortgage money and only do to his illegal actions am I forced to re-organize. I have a case against this lender in the lower courts with charges of usury ,false affadavits,and recently discovered racketeering. At this hearing today(federal) there are required documents I must have or I am told the Bankrupcy court will dismiss my case. First document,proof of insurance; The lender charged and was paid for insurance on monthly basis. He never renewed the insurance after year one. The underwriter doesn't seem to want to reinstate the coverage due to their letters going unanswered to the lender for two years. Secondly,on getting tax returns in order; I have requested from the lender "interest paid" for purposes of tax returns. He refuses to release the information,stating he doesn't know because all of his loans interest is bundeled together.All of this is being heard in lower court,but I am not sure Bankrupcy court cares about these issues ,only on Bankrupcy Law,which I don't know if any of these situations fall under some Fl. statue allowing for extension of time to file documents.As I said,the Lenders attorney will be fighting diligently to have the bankruptcy dismissed. Also ,as a final cloud upon me ,all records pertaining to the LLC
were at my mothers home (also a MGMN) where there was a total fire loss two months before filing.I know it sounds convenient ,but it was started by my father who is 89 and has late stages of Dimensia.My mother is now diss-placed and the both of then are suffering physical and mental problems. I am trying to keep the buisness in check and accomidate my parents mandatory needs. MY PLATE IS FULL! Any advice or Fl. Statues to assist in tommorows' meeting giving the circumstances?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
6/22/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: socrateaser, Attorney replied 8 years ago
socrateaser, Attorney

Since your hearing has apparently ended by now, I don't know if you want to have a conversation about any of this. If you do, let me know.

Thanks,

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.