Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

my wife walked out on me and my boys and the house i cant keep…

Customer Question
my wife walked out on...
my wife walked out on me and my boys and the house i cant keep the house and it wont sell so i want to walk away from it and file bankruptcy both of or names or on it can i still file it or what can i do . if i cant file and they foreclose what happens .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
6/21/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: cfortunato, Attorney replied 8 years ago
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Hi JACustomer,
What is your legal question, please? (What would you like to know?)
my question still being married but she walked out on us i cant pay for the house so can i file bankruptcy and walk away with out her . or do i let them foreclose if they do what will happen
You can file a Bankruptcy without your wife. However, if the mortgage is not paid, the house will be foreclosed, whether you file a Bankruptcy or not.
If you stop paying the mortgage, the lender will eventually foreclose, and will eventually sell the house.