Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Can I Bankrupt my 2nd mortgage along with my credit cards and…

Customer Question
Can I Bankrupt my 2nd...
Can I Bankrupt my 2nd mortgage along with my credit cards and keep the !st mortgage?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
6/20/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

It may be possible with a chapter 13 bankruptcy

The Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be used to strip away a 2nd mortgage if the first mortgage equals or exceeds the value of the property.

It would be best to retain an attorney. If you cannot, you will want to purchase the forms on line and file them yourself prior to the sale. After you file the petition, you will need to notify the plaintiff.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER