Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I was forced to file Chp 13 in Febuary in order to save my…

Customer Question
I was forced to file...
I was forced to file Chp 13 in Febuary in order to save my home from selling at a Sheriff's Sale, Due to Identity Fraud where my Mortgage pymnt and Vehicle pymnt and other Auto withdrawls from my checking account were re-routed from hackers that for a period of 3 to 4 mos were taking funds from my Bank account through the Auto withdrawls that I had set up to come out of my account. We were told that we could do a chp 7 but I wanted to and still want to keep my home! I am the only one working and I am supporting 7 people and now have no credit and am self-employed,.My husband is also self employed in the Antique Business and has been for 30 yrs..His business has crumbled in the last 6 yrs so I pay for everything and since I work such odd hours, and spent 3 to 4 yrs taking care of family memebers that were dying, I have not filled taxes since 2003, I have been told that my Bankruptcy can be dismissed if I don't file my tax yrs within the next week! Then I will loose my home! True?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
6/19/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

The trustee appears to be requiring that you file your tax returns -- not that you pay your tax that may be due. The reason for this is that you are entitled to refund, it must be included in your plan. However if you owe taxes, you may include payment of the taxes in your plan.