Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I filed chapter 7 and was told that my fiance couldn"t claim…

Customer Question
I filed chapter 7 and...
I filed chapter 7 and was told that my fiance couldn"t claim that he owned 1/2 of all my realestate because he wasn"t on the deed but we had signed a piece of paper saying that he owned 1/2 of my fathers estate for making all payments on the loan and gave him 72,000 dollars may 2005 and had purchased 1/2 of the house that we live in since 2002.The truste is trying to sell both homes what can I do if anything? ***** *****
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
6/13/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney replied 8 years ago
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
your fiance needs to file a proof of claim, and object to the sale, he needs to litigate his interests and the court should see that he is entitled to half of the property. If he can show payments on the loan it would be possible.
I have proof on the loan for my home in monterey ,but in this loan it was taken out to pay for my home in coarsegold and he realy owns 1/2 of each one
he needs to hire a bankruptcy attorney and oppose the sale, and discharge, he has that right, the court then will look at his claims.