Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

After a bankruptcy is there a way to force the bank to uphold

Customer Question

After a bankruptcy is there a way to force the bank to uphold the loan modification agreement they had with me before the bankruptcy was filed?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Can you tell me why you think the signed modification agreement would not be upheld by the bank
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Because I was told a loan modification agreement was not accepted by the bankruptcy court, only a reaffiramtion would be accepted. And a reaffirmation would be at the old un-modified rate of $1065 and the modifiied was at $738. That I cannot afford
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
Sorry for the delay -- the site had technical difficulties

If the loan modification was executed by the bank and you have upheld the terms of the modification, the bank is required to uphold the agreement. I cannot imagine why you would get different information
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already paid for this
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
I know that you paid. However the site does not pay me unless you click accept