How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2900
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed ch.13 pro se. A large proof of clain came in post

This answer was rated:

I have filed ch.13 pro se. A large proof of clain came in post hearing. It is a secured debt that must be paid 100%. But to do this I have to modify my three year plan. Can I stay in the below-state- median- income- three-year-plan. That is I would go from 36 to a 59 month plan. The numbers do work but is it allowed? Thanks, Corinne
Hi. Yes. The 3 year below median income is just the minimum commitment, you can stretch up to 60 months as your budget and debt requires. You can file a modified plan to account for the secured claim and add on the other extra months as needed. Should be no problem. thanks for your question, and good luck.
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you