Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

i went to my meeting of creditors yesterday. it was continued

Customer Question
to september. i know that...
i went to my meeting of creditors yesterday. it was continued to september. i know that the trustee is going to question me about my contributions to charity which i cannot document & are listed on my tax form. i think he'll ask me about my laundry costs that i also cannot document-part of which is uniform cleaning- which is also on my tax form. my lawyer does not think that bank statements will be asked for-& that it's all about the Plan in Chapter 13. am i in trouble?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
6/5/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Nothing in your post indicates that you would be in any trouble. There typically is two hearings in a chapter 13 bankruptcy. The first hearing is the 341 -- also known as the First Meeting of Creditors. The 2nd hearing is the plan Confirmation Hearing
the thing is will the trustee trigger an IRS Audit
it would not be typical to have an IRS audit in a bankruptcy
Ellen, Attorney
Ellen, Attorney