How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently in ch.7, my trustee wants my income taxes, my

Customer Question

I'm currently in ch.7, my trustee wants my income taxes, my wife isn't filling is she entilted to some of the taxes?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

if you filed a joint tax return with your wife, the entire refund would be considered part of your bankruptcy estate. If you filed separate, your wife would be entitled to retain her refund