How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i filed ch 7 bankruptcy in June 2004 and Total dis-charged

Resolved Question:

i filed ch 7 bankruptcy in June 2004 and Total dis-charged in Sept 2004. However i am now disabled to work by my Doctor since June 2009 and filed for Soc Sec Disability, and been turned down twice, letting a lawyer file my appeal. I have a lot of health problems. Can i file ch 7 or what can i do.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

It does not appear that you are eligible to file another Chapter 7 bankruptcy at this time. A person can file Chapter 7 again if it has been more than 8 years since he or she filed the previous Chapter 7 bankruptcy or 6 years since the filing of a Chapter 13.

However when you ultimately received your social security benefits, those benefits will not be subject to attachment by your creditors
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you