How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I declared Bankruptcy , Chap 13 , and I wanted to know if I

Resolved Question:

I declared Bankruptcy , Chap 13 , and I wanted to know if I could deduct the monthly payments that I make. I am now unemployed and it would sure help if this is deductible. Thank you , Camen Stevens
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
In regards XXXXX XXXXX payments made by your Bankruptcy trustee will be treated as if you made them yourself, you still have a right to claim those tax deductions you would normally take if you weren’t in bankruptcy.

For example, if you’re paying mortgage interest in Chapter 13 bankruptcy and/or defaulted mortgage payments, those payments may be deductible from your taxes. If you’re paying federal or state taxes, spousal support or business debts/expenses through the Chapter 13 bankruptcy this may also be deductible from your taxes.
WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you