How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am A 62 year old male who had A stroke leaving me unable

Customer Question

I am A 62 year old male who had A stroke leaving me
unable to work and I am receiving $1729.00 per month Social Security. No other income and I am owe $ 34,000 unsucured debt Visa and Mastercard. It takes all of my social security money to live month to month. I have no home and no car as my sister takes care of me. My medicine is $407.00 monthly and B/C insurance is $408.00. I am not old enough to receive Medicare. Thanks, XXXXX ([email protected] )
Submitted: 7 years ago via Nolo Press.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

You may want to consider a chapter 7 bankruptcy.

A Chapter 7 bankruptcy could discharge (erase) all of your unsecured debt such as credit cards, judgments and personal loans. It would be an opportunity for a fresh financial start. You will be able to retain your social security.