Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My wife and I are filing bankruptcy in Colorado. She is considered

Customer Question

My wife and I are filing bankruptcy in Colorado. She is considered an independent contractor with a local agency and takes care of mentally disabled person in our home.( she has a regular job and does this to help out the disabled) she receives money for the needs of that person and reported 2500 dollars on last years 1099-c. since that money is to take care of the disabled person do we report or calculate that in our means test. it about 2000 a month that is not taxed at all because its for the disabled.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Response: Yes, she has to report the income. All income must be reported in the means test unless the income is for social security payments.