Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I need this answered by a us bankruptcy

Is it possible that my...
Is it possible that my foreclosure against me has faulty paperwork? Some homeowners have won the right to keep their homes by proving that the bank couldn't show on paper, that it owned the home.These loans were supposed to change hands but the contracts and documents among borrowers and lenders weren't altered to show changes in ownership ,judges have ruled.HSBC MORTGAGE is the company that services my loan that is foreclosing on me.SO FAR, I have only heard of bankamerica having to relinquish foreclosure rights. HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF HSBC MORTGAGE IS THE REAL OWNER OF THIS MORTGAGE???????
Answered in 1 day by:
4/5/2010
Ellen, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Consider having your attorney file an affirmative defense that "the lender is not a holder in due course in demand strict proof thereof". This defense will force HSBC to prove that it owns the mortgage
Ellen, Attorney
Ellen, Attorney