How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2900
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello. RE 2006 Form 1040 tax I have been paying on an installment

This answer was rated:

Hello. RE: 2006 Form 1040 tax I have been paying on an installment plan. The return for that tax was filed on time. The payoff balance is about $300. I understand that if I file my bankruptcy petition today, as I'm planning to do, this debt is NOT dischargeable either per the 3-year rule or because of tolling. MY QUESTION IS... do I still report this as an unsecured priority claim on Schedule E? (i.e., does ALL tax debt go on Schedule E, even if not dischargeable?) I find the code confusing on this point. Thank you.
HI and thank you for your question.
You would list the tax debt on schedule E of the petition. All tax debt would go here. Once you file, I would send the IRS a request for determination of dischargeability to confirm that the tax is not dischargeable, just to be sure it isn't discharged. IF not, then you can set up on a payment plan with them. Thanks and good luck.
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you