How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17223
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i files for bankrupt. 5 years ago. If I by accident pay one

Resolved Question:

i files for bankrupt. 5 years ago. If I by accident pay one of the bills, do I have to get a lawyer to get that payment back??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
if you paid them after the bankruptcy, you can get your money back, I would contact them again, and advise them you do not owe the debt and the money they took was in violation of federal bankruptcy law.

A bankruptcy attorney could write them a letter, but you can also do this, it is only worth the costs if it is a significant amount of money. The other option is go to federal bankruptcy court and see if the trustees office may write the letter for you.
WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you