How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2889
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Ch7-Need an Attorney, cant afford to pay; Options

Resolved Question:

One question; I started a ch7 BK Pro-se...
I am overwhelmed, I really need to hire an Attorney to do either take over the case; or I need to re-file at a later date?

How do I communicate this to the BK court?

Via Trustee, letter the Judge?

Just show up a the 341 Meeting and let them know?

What are my general options here?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
You don't really need to communicate it to the court. Hire the attorney and they can file a notice of appearance on your case. If the date comes for the 341 hearing and you do not have a lawyer yet, you can request a continuance, so that you can have the attorney for the next meeting. Otherwise, if any event comes up in court, you can request the same. Time is of the essence, so go find the attorney shortly. Thanks.
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you