How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do I file bankruptcy if all my debt was from Illinois but

This answer was rated:

how do I file bankruptcy if all my debt was from Illinois but now moved out of state? Also what happens if a judgement is against you?
IT doesn't matter what state your debt is in, you would file in the state that you have lived in for the last 90 days. A judgment would discharge if it is an unsecured debt when you file a case. if not, they can garnish wages, freeze assets, seize bank accounts etc.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was for a car loan that was repossesed, is that considered secured?
a repossession balance is unsecured since you no longer have the vehicle.
Terry L. and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions