How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2891
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I live in Georgia and I need to know how to file a general

Customer Question

Hello, I live in Georgia and I need to know how to file a general denial as an answer to a debt collection suit to buy some time. Does anyone have a copy that I can fill my information into or know where I can get one?

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
The answer is not as general as that. The court has a blank form to use, basically put the case caption, then address each numbered paragraph with either - admit, deny, or without specific information to either admit or deny. The court will then put the case on the court calendar, which will buy you some time, and when the first case date comes you could always ask for a continuance to prepare.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So if I go to the courthouse (or I could just make my own on Word too, right) I ask for a blank answer form. The simply put I defendant deny paragraph 01. then line 02 acknowledge address is correct, etc etc. How do I sum it all up?
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
That is correct, you can request an order dismissing the case

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions