Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I filed for bankruptcy and qualified for Chapter 7. In the…

Customer Question
I filed for bankruptcy and...
I filed for bankruptcy and qualified for Chapter 7. In the process the Trustee found a date left off on my Deed of Trust. He filed for an Adversary Proceeding and I received a letter today stating he has recovered the asset of my condo to pay my creditors. I had nothing to do with this and, as a result, Im losing my condo. What are my rights?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
2/10/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney replied 8 years ago
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
convert the case to a chapter 13, so you can keep the condo, you have an automatic right to do this, any chapter 7 case can be converted to a chapter 13.