How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I included my car in a bankruptcy that was discharged in 2009,

Resolved Question:

I included my car in a bankruptcy that was discharged in 2009, but decided to keep paying on it. I now would like to turn it in because the payments are no longer affordable. Can I do so without being responsible for any deficiency?

Greg (NNN) [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Provided you did not enter into a reaffirmation agreement with the lender during the bankruptcy proceeding, you may turn in the vehicle without further liability
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you