Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

after bunkrupcy dischargethis month, I now relise I cannot

live in this home anymore...
after bunkrupcy dischargethis month, I now relise I cannot live in this home anymore, I have to surender my home to the mortgage company at the end of the month they said just lock the key is side and leave.) for medical reasons I have to move out (unable to sell the home: $ 100 000. under)
which way to go forcloseror deed in lieu ?... my consern is homeowner insurance fees, taxes and if something brakes in the house. what is the fastest way? or the easiest way to be free from this home?
2/4/2010
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney

did you list the home in the bankruptcy, if you did, just leave when you want, as it will foreclose and you will not be liable.

If you did not list it, file a motion to reopen and list the home.

If you do not want to list it, do a deed in lieu which is signing over the deed to the bank, and leave, make sure they will not come after you for the balance.

WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
I am thankful for this answer, but they said that i have to paye for homeowner insurance and my deductible is $ 1000.00 how long I am responsible for this home .and for taxes. the house was listed in the bankruptcy.
do not pay, if it was listed int he bankruptcy the bank is the owner and responsible for all carrying costs. The property should have been surrendered to the bank if it is let them pay all fees, you should not pay anything. I would leave when you want, do not pay anything.
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney