How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just had my bank accts. froze in a garnishment and was very

Resolved Question:

I just had my bank accts. froze in a garnishment and was very upset since I was not notified by the creditor that this was going to happen. I did make payment arrangements in court which I had been paying but missed to payments. How can I rectify this and get my savings account money back, or can't I.

Thank you
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
you can either file a court injunction to have it lifted, settle with the creditor or file a bankruptcy, none of these options are good, but those are your only choices.
WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is filing an objection the same as filing an injuction? If so I did that this morning, should I make another payment even though they froze my accounts?
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
do not make any payments, but the objection is the same as an injunction, only make a payment when you get a guarantee that the accounts would be unfrozen.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thank you. How would I find out if they have gone after my income tax returns as well? I just feel violated that they can take whatever they want from me without me even knowing is this right?
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
no, but they expect to handle the issue when the other files a conflicting return.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

You have been helpful, thank you again.