How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2900
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recieved a dischage, but am still recieving mailings from

Resolved Question:

I recieved a dischage, but am still recieving mailings from my mortgage company, the most recent one yesterday, information me that my account is still deliquent and is being turned over to some law firm and is going into foreclosuer.. do i need to contact this law frim and alert them to my discharge?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
You can if you wish. If you were surrendering the home, you are entitled to certain notices of foreclosure as the property owner etc. The foreclosure transfers title. The bankruptcy discharged the debt. You can call to confirm that they received the bankruptcy notice. If not, you can have your attorney contact them with the information. They can no longer collect on the balance, only foreclose. So, technically they would be in violation if you did not reaffirm the debt in your bankruptcy case. Good luck
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you