How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filled for a chapter 13 bankruptcy in October. I already

Customer Question

I filled for a chapter 13 bankruptcy in October. I already went to court and have taken all my certifications my lawyer secretary informed me she received it. I just received a order closing case without discharge. My lawyer did not submit my certificate to the courts. He will not return my phone calls or e-mails can I go to the courts and file an appeal. Do I have to pay another lawyer to re-file? ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
you may have to, but the first lawyer could be held liable for malpractice, also you may be able to file the certificate in Court late, and file a motion to reopen the first case, which if granted would save you the time to refile.