Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Do student Loans go on Schedule D or F. If D is the unsecure

Customer Question
portion the total because their...
Do student Loans go on Schedule D or F. If D is the unsecure portion the total because their is no property securing this loan. 2. Is a vehicle loan when the property has been repo'd does the remaining portion left owed become a unsecure loan or is it still securred loan.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
1/18/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Do student Loans go on Schedule D or F. If D is the unsecure portion the total because their is no property securing this loan.

Response 1: Student loans should be listed on Schedule F because they are unsecured loans.

2. Is a vehicle loan when the property has been repo'd does the remaining portion left owed become a unsecure loan or is it still securred loan.

Response 2: Deficiency amount from a repossessed vehicle becomes an unsecured loan as the lender has taken the collateral for the loan and thus it should be listed on Schedule F.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law