Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

We signed up for a timeshare in Las Vegas last winter and they

Customer Question
went brankrupt before we could...
We signed up for a timeshare in Las Vegas last winter and they went brankrupt before we could use it. We got a notice of filing official transcrip and of deadlines related to restriction and redaction. I am now sure what we should do to get our money back. The only thing we have done was to contact the lawyer but he never called us back.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: ANDREA, Attorney replied 7 years ago
ANDREA
ANDREA, Attorney

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer

You have not stated a question that I can answer. But if the attorney you called does not return your telephone calls and you want to find another lawyer a bit more sympathetic to your concerns, I am giving you the Nevada State Bar Association website in case you want to use their Lawyer Referral Servie:

http://www.nvbar.org/

If I can be of further service, please do not hesitate to let me know, that's what I am here for!

________________________________________________________________________

Leaving Positive Feedback, Bonus, etc. is always appreciated

__________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

I'm sorry the lawyer wasn't representing me it was the lawyer that is handling the companies bankruptcy case that wouldn't call me back. What I need to know is what is a request for redaction and should I do it? How do I get my money back from this timeshare that went bankrupt?

A redaction in the legal sense is to edit or modify a writing in preparation for publication. In the context of Bankruptcy, a transcript of the proceedings is prepared and it becomes a matter of public record. If someone is seeking repayment or payment from the Bankrupt estate, they have to file a claim and they become one of the creditors.

During the course of a creditor filing a claim, certaininformation is given - name, address, telephone number and other personal information; if you have given any personal information in connection with your creditor status and because of your request for a refund of the money you paid for the timeshare and you want that personal information to be deleted from what will become a matter of public record, you must file a Request for Redaction.

I am listing below the website which has the specific form a creditor would use in a Bankruptcy filed in Nevada , in the event you gave personal information when filing your claim with the Trustee in Bankruptcy.

http://www.msnd.uscourts.gov/Redaction%20Request%20CR.pdf

As to receiving a refund, only the Trustee in Bankruptcy would be able to tell you that or if there are enough assets to divide up among the creditors, of which you are one, as you know.

_____________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

So is there anything I can do to request our money back or certain forms I should submit to try and get our money back?

You must find out who the Trustee in Bankruptcy is; you can do that by calling the Bankruptcy Court and if you don't have the case number, they're pretty good about looking it up by the debtor's name. Then submit a claim to the Trustee in Bankruptcy by stating the amount owed to you and very briefly describe the date, nature of debt and how it arose.

The Trustee will fill you in on whether there is enough money to go around. As I said previously, the Trustee in Bankruptcy has all the necessary information.

Good Luck!

______________________________________________________________________________

This is the ONLY way I get paid

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Is there a certain form I fill out for the claim or would they provide me that info?

The Bankruptcy Court can provide you with the forms and as I told you in my previous answer, the Court Clerks are very good about giving you this inoformation as well as the name of the Trustee in Bankruptcy assigned to the debtor.

Also, in a previous answer I gave you the Nevada Bankruptcy Court's form for Request For Redaction.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I realize it is not the answer you were hoping for and I wish it were different, but I am obligated to give you correct answers and information. Please do not hold it against me

_______________________________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you;

This is the ONLY way I get paid

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

ANDREA
ANDREA
ANDREA, Attorney