How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

foreclosure / bankruptcy law question I did a Chapter 7

Customer Question

foreclosure / bankruptcy law question

I did a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2003. I am upside down in a mortgage and if I don't care about my credit rating, can I stop paying the mortgage, let if foreclose and then discharge any deficiency judgment in a bankruptcy?

Part 2 of this question is whether I should bother trying to do a short sale if I don't care about a credit hit?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

A person can file Chapter 7 again if it has been more than 8 years since he or she filed the previous Chapter 7 bankruptcy or 6 years since the filing of a Chapter 13.

A debtor can refile a Chapter 13 at anytime.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my card has been debited twice for this, I do not accept in any case because your answer only answered 1 of my 3 questions
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
please tell me how I can reject this answer and have my money put back on my debit card.