How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2671
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in dire straights to file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. I

Customer Question

I am in dire straights to file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. I would more prefer a chapter 7 but I filed 4 years ago and I was told according to the new law, I do not qualify.
My income has drastically changed and I need to file a Chapter 13 on my car. The original amount is $20,200 and I checked the Kelly Blue Book in shock and learned it is now worth $2,500. I have a 2000 SUV Mercedes Benz, which came along with soooooooooooo many problems and company never fixed it as promised and warranty did not cover all was promised. Anyway, that is expired. I also have some credit card debt and other expenses amounting to about %10,000. Please help! I cannot afford a regular attorney. And really do not prefer to show up in court to present myself. If I have to , I will. I called the Bkcy and they told me to come and pick up the petition to file. I need assistance in filling out a Chapter 13. I have no money left. HELP!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Hi. Do you have a specific legal question that I can answer for you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I need to file a chapter 13 bankruptcy and I am just about flat broke. I cannot afford the attorney's prices. How can I do this asap? I need to incoude my car and credit cards balancing about $20,000. I am not eligible to file a chapter 7 because I already did it 4 years ago.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Hi again.

I'm going to open this up to the other attorneys. I wish you luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What is this i am going through with this service? This is my third reply. Is it such a difficult questions in helping me file a low-cost chapter 13 bankruptcy? I am so ready to get started and move on your advices but my requests keep coming back void. Please help me with this problem.


I simply need to file a chapter13 bkcy. The only property I have is my car. The rest are credit cards. I cannot file a chapter 7 because I did so about 4 years ago. can you refer me to a low-cost help?


Well appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello, No one has still contacted me regarding getting help filing a chapter 13. what's going on. I paid my money.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


no one has contacted me regarding filig a chapter 13 at low cost. I paid my money. Can you please help me further?

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Hi. It's possible that you haven't gotten a response yet because you haven't really asked a legal question. The point of this site is to ask a legal question and get a legal answer. We cannot represent you or fill out the forms for you.

Do you want to know something specific? If you're looking for representation inexpensively, then I can only suggest that you contact your local bar association and/or legal aid.