How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in the state of Oregon. My wife has over 100k in student

Resolved Question:

We live in the state of Oregon. My wife has over 100k in student loans, and she makes $ 1,200 per month. She is not able to pay the student loan, and we are not sure what to do. It is my understanding that it is very difficult to discharge student loans, and I am very concern about our financial future. All of our big assets are in my name, the house and the cars. What are the options?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Having student loans discharged in bankruptcy is practically impossible. In my years of practice, I've never seen student loans discharged. However, it could be possible to have the debt reduced somewhat.
Roger and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions