How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31787
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i believe that someone in san antonio tx has filed for chapt

Resolved Question:

i believe that someone in san antonio tx has filed for chapt 7 bankruptcy. he owes me money, yet hasn't listed me among his debts. what can i do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

If you find that this person has filed bankruptcy, you can file a proof of claim in his case. This form allows you to perfect your lien against the bankrupt's estate. If there are no assets, this may not do you any good.


If you can't find the case online, you can call the bankruptcy court clerk's office and they'll assist you with getting a proof of claim form and finding the right case to file it in.

Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you