How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Breach of Contract

Customer Question

I gave someone $15,000. to open a Medicaid Home Care Service for me. In that $15,000., she have listed all the services that she will perform to open my business and signed it. There was not legal contract except that piece of paper with her signature on it. She did not continue or fulfill her promise. Do I have a recourse to file a suit against her? Is there a possibility that I would be able to collect the money I paid her? What steps should I do next?

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

You will want to retain an attorney and file a breach of contract action against the person. You appear to have a written contract. A piece of paper listing the services that she agreed to perform coupled with your payment appears to be a legal and binding contract. Good luck