How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My bankruptcy was fiiled a year ago after my divorce and I

Resolved Question:

My bankruptcy was fiiled a year ago after my divorce and I was granted ch 13 but it was converted to a 7 because my ex husband was not paying me the alimony he was supposed to pay me. Now it has been a year and the trustee is still holding it up and I cannot find out why? How can I find out, who do I ask and what could be the reason? Its been toooooo long, TY
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
If you had an attorney ask him, if not and the trustee converted the case himself, contact the trustee for the status, if all do not answer you go directly to the court house, and ask to review your file, and see if the case was converted and if and when the next court date is, the clerk of the court will have the entire file on record.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I called the attorney and the trustee, the trustee said she can not speak to me because I am not a lawyer. So who do I ask now what is going on?
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
go directly to the courthouse, they will give you the entire copy and current status of the case.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm trying to determine WHY, not that it is on hold?
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
the trustee may have filed a motion to have the conversion stayed or the judge may have put it on hold, you must go to the court and ask the clerk
WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you