How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently became aware that someone has filed bankruptcy in

Customer Question

I recently became aware that someone has filed bankruptcy in my name. How do I contest this as I have never filed bankruptcy. It now appears as "dismissed" since no action was ever taken. Pls advise if there is something that I can do to contest this bankruptcy filing...I never signed any documents or anything....
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Consider filing a complaint with the California Atty. Gen.'s office regarding identity theft. You can then use a copy of that complaint to remove the filing from your credit reports.