How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31688
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have received a letter from the staff at Hawaiian Hotel

Resolved Question:

We have received a letter from the staff at Hawaiian Hotel on Beachwalk that they are closed and no refund for our January stay or $2490 will be made.

We are one of many people involved as when you make a reservation with them
pay by credit card in full.

No address or information is available to us to protest and see what options we have for a refund.

Letter says they lost land lease? Not sure if filed bankruptcy or not.
What is our next step to try to get some of our money back.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

You need to contact an attorney in Hawaii, preferably the island where the hotel is, and have him/her find out what is going on with the hotel. If they have filed bankruptcy, you may not have many options.


If they have not filed, it may be worth you filing suit in small claims court for a refund of the money paid. If they've accepted your money, it is a breach of contract on their part and you have the right to sue for a refund or specific performance, which is a request to the court to force the hotel to honor the contract - in this case to provide you accommodations at the hotel as reserved.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The Hawaiiana Hotel is in Honolulu. What type of attorney should we look for?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
You can visit and search for a business, real estate or contract law attorney in Honolulu.
Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you