How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2896
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am returning to court after 30 days to plead the charges

Resolved Question:

I am returning to court after 30 days to plead the charges listed on an arbitration summons. The law firm used by a credit card company did not include a copy of any agreement by me to the card company. Is this grounds to ask for dismissal of the changes?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately, just because the document was not attached, does not mean you will be able to have the case dismissed. This is called discovery, where you ask the other side to provide proof of their claim. If they are unable to prove the obligation, then yes, you can dismiss the case. If you file your answer, then the hearing comes up, you can buy yourself maybe a month or so. If they do wind up with a judgment, it will dischage once you are able to file the bankruptcy case. IF you have not done so already, contact a local bankruptcy attorney for a free consultation to review the timeframe with the quit claim deed. If you received fair value, or there was no equity in the property when you transferred it, perhaps you do not need to wait until april to file the case! Best of Luck to you.
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you