How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-girl friend ad I bought a condo in Florida together.

Resolved Question:

My ex-girl friend ad I bought a condo in Florida together. I want to get rid of it and she does not. If I chose not to pay the mortgage what can she do to me legally. If i file bankruptcy can she do anything to me legally?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

If you choose not to pay the mortgage, your ex-gf can sue you to collect your share of the loan. The property can also be foreclosed and the lender can sue you for the unpaid amount. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy would typically prevent either the lender or your ex-gf from suing you.
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you