How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive lived in colorado for 5 and 1/2 years prior address

Resolved Question:

Ive lived in colorado for 5 and 1/2 years prior address was in NJ. a collector sent me papers to answer to the court for judgement on a discover card balance that appears to be charged off/written off 1/2005. form what I read on the colorado attorney general website the statute of limitations is 3 years in colorado. 6 years in NJ. I've been looking for days at diffrent websites concerning SoL info and its so confusing some say colorado is 6 years some 3 I under Colorado law or NJ law?If the SoL is 3 years in colorado can I file that as my answer to the court paper I have?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

You should raise the Colorado SOL as a defense in the lawsuit. It will be up to the plaintiff to convince the court that the CO law should not apply.
Ellen and 4 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you