How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2900
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

have filed banckruptzy a laywer in nc is holding funds that

This answer was rated:

have filed banckruptzy a laywer in nc is holding funds that was released to me how can i force him to release these. should i go back to the federal bankruptzy court or to the nc bar
Why is he holding funds? Who is the lawyer, the trustee in your bankruptcy case? Or is it a creditors attorney?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

the funds come from a land sale in NC i filed bankrupcy on this attorney who has these funds in a trust they was supposed to be released to me according the procedings of the bankruptcy this attorney used to be a freind of mine until we had a falling out and he has no legal rights to hold this from me anymore so i was wondering how to proceed thanks for any help you can give

If you disclosed them in the bankrutpcy case, you will need to file a turnover motion in the bankruptcy case. If you are entitled to the funds, and they are holding the funds in violation of the automatic stay, then the court will order them turned over to you if the attorney does not hold a valid security interest.
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you