How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my attorney made mistakes in my I & J forms and now I have

Customer Question

my attorney made mistakes in my I & J forms and now I have to pay more than what my net income is. I had informed the attorney of the mistake before the final hearing and they now say it was confirmed with the new information. Souldn't the unsecured pool been reevaluated with the updated information? what can I do? Do I hire another attorney to help? Can I back out of the chapter 7? thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.

If you have suffered a loss due to your attorney's negligence, you would need to file a claim with his malpractice carrier and/or sue him for the loss under theories of breach of contract and negligence and possibly under the Texas consumer protectio statutes.



Just Answer (JA) experts are not permitted to have outside communications with JA customers. However, you may be able to find a malpractice attorney in your area to further assist you by going to or