How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 38888
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a follow-up question to Rotateaser. Thank you very

Resolved Question:

I have a follow-up question to Rotateaser.

Thank you very much for your expert advice.

How do I show an endemic failure to regulate what the government was required by Congress to regulate ?

How do I make it extremely scary to government regulators so I get paid to shut up and go away?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for not responding sooner, but your message title misspelled my pseudonym, and I didn't realize you were looking for me.


BotXXXXX XXXXXne would be to file suit in the U.S. Federal Court of Claims for negligence, and then start demanding discovery of all the documents and witnesses that could link the government to its failure to act.


This would be a big project, even for a large law firm. You would never pull it off without professional help. The trick is finding a law firm that would be interested, and on that issue, I can't really give you a clue, other than to say that you need a law firm that has experience suing the federal government.


At the mediation, you could simply describe where you're headed next, if you don't get paid back, and you could mention that you have a law firm lined up (even if you don't).


Whether or not that would give the FDIC attorney something to think about is unknown -- but, it may. You can also request reimbursement based on simple fairness, because the attorney has discretionary authority to reimburse you, even if you're not strictly entitled to coverage due to the timing of the bank failure.


Hope this helps.


Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

socrateaser and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you