Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I missed my first bankruptc hearing because I was sick. they

I missed my first bankruptc hearing because I was sick. they scedule me a second one never said nothing to me and I will be out of town, Is there anything I can do?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 8 years ago.
You can ask your attorney to see if you can get one final continuance. There is no guarantee, it will be up to the trustee. You can also call the trustee and explain the situation if you don't have a lawyer. I have sometimes have heard of the trustee granting a 3rd hearing, but you might need to pay them for their time, which is usually between $50-100. Talk to your lawyer or trustee to see. Worst case scenario, if the trustee refuses, you can try to file a motion in court to compel a final 341 hearing. Best of luck.